Safe Pass is a mandatory one-day health and safety awareness programme. The aim of the programme is to raise the standard of safety awareness in the construction industry and to ensure that, over time, all site personnel undergo basic health and safety awareness training to enable them to work onsite without being a risk to themselves or others who might be affected by their acts or omissions.
Candidates who successfully complete the programme will receive a Safe Pass Registration Card. Under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013, all construction workers in Ireland – including apprentices and trainees – are legally bound to hold a valid Safe Pass Registration Card.
Please be aware of the following prerequisite requirements before booking a place.
- Good understanding of written and spoken English.
- You Must Be Over 16 Years Old To Attend.
- A Passport size photograph (Of can be taken at SafetyCSM on the day at a fee of €5).
- A valid Photo ID (Passport or Driving License).
- A valid PPS number – If you do not have a PPS Number please inform us, so we could provide you with STB request form. You need to fill this in full and send back to us immediately no later than 10 days before your course date, in order to get a temporary process number issued by SOLAS to attend the course.
- Your old/expired Safe Pass card, if handy.